1. I've been fighting with an issue in FM5 for the last couple weeks revolving around character versus plot needs. I figured it out last night, so the INEVITABLE MIDNOVEL FREAK OUT is over, yay!
2. FM5 is 106k words long, with 16 chapters drafted. 8 of that is school story and pretty solid. 8 of that is mainline and still needs some work. There are 5 and half chapters left to write as outlined but I could see the need to add one or two if the story outpaces the outline as it has continually done for this novel. This will be the longest novel so far by quite a bit. Mostly because there's a lot of good stuff inside of it.
3. I'm sick at the moment, I don't write King Henry when I'm sick (it taking a certain mindset that is hard to get into when your nose is dripping and your lungs are rattling), so don't expect the updates to move much for the next week or so.
4. The plan is to do a readthrough/edit of the mainline going into the next writing session. Some big events are about to go down, really looking forward to it.
5. Awesome Games Done Quick just started today. It's a bunch of speed runners getting together and running video games for charity over the course of a week. Give it a watch, it always has some awesome moments, especially the 4 way races: http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick
1/14/15 EDIT: Mostly better and back writing. Working on KH Short 6 at the moment. T-Bone's imaginary version of King Henry is perhaps more outlandish than the real thing. But just barely.
The Glassbreaker Goes Home (FM6.75) = IN EDITING (Edit 3.0 = 2/8 chapters)
Main Focus: FM7 School Story = 5k out of 80k estimate (6%) + 35 hwp
Side Focus: FM7 Main Story = 0k out of 200k estimate (0%)
Back Burner #1: Vicky Welf and the Mancy Masquerade (FM6.99???) 17k out of 60k estimate (28%)
Back Burner #2: Super Secret Awesome Project
Ugly Step Child: Gush (Fantasy Action/Adventure) Novel, First Draft = 21k out of 100k estimate (21%)
Other Stuff I Need to Get To: FM3-FM6 concordance updates