Give me a hell yeah!
So...that took longer than I thought it would. But, some great scenes in this book. Can't wait to get your reactions.
For those fans who weren't around last time for FM4 or FM3 (I don't think I had fans for FM1 or FM2) what now begins is Edit Hell. (after a week off, because i'm pretty close to being committed after that last 30k in one week)
1. OMG I FINISHED IT EDIT - First readthrough of the whole book as you will see it with timelines flipping back and forth.
2. OMG I'M A HORRIBLE WRITER EDIT - Rewrites and tone fixes, character changes, all the serious stuff.
3. OMG I'M THE BEST WRITER EVER EDIT - Formatting the novel into an actual ebook formatted novel with pages breaks and "about the author" pages and other boring stuff.
4. CRITICAL EYE EDIT - where I cut extra fluff, trim phrases to be more succinct, change vague worlds like "thing", etc.
5. WORDS THAT SUCK EDIT - where I check on a huge list of words I know I use to much and synonyms I know I flub up in the speed of writing. One of these words is "fuck" believe it or not. Yes, the release version is less vulgar than the first draft!
6. KINDLE EDIT - where I load the book onto a Kindle for the first time, this new reading experiences helps me see it anew and helps me make decisions on paragraph length and how the story flows as it looks on the page.
7. BETA READERS - associates, family, and people I've know forever get to tell me what they think while pointing out how much I suck at noticing typos.
8. I JUST WANT TO DIE, I HATE THIS BOOK SO MUCH, IF I HAVE TO READ THIS THING AGAIN I'LL NEVER WRITE ANOTHER ONE, BUT IF I DON'T DO THIS THEN SOME ASSHOLE WILL MAKE AN 'AT LEAST RUN SPELLCHECKER HUR HUR' JOKE BECAUSE THEY NOTICED A 'YOU'RE' INSTEAD OF 'YOUR' ON PAGE 405 EVEN THOUGH I'VE GOT THOUSANDS OF YOUR AND YOU'RES IN THE BOOK EDIT - So...self explanatory?
Then we get release. Edit Hell usually lasts one to two months. So release in this case can at this moment be estimated to May-June 2015. As editing progresses I will have a smaller and smaller estimation window, until the release date is decided.
As always with Indie publishing, one of the great parts of it is that the book doesn't sit around for months waiting for copies to be printed and shipped, as soon as it is done, you will have it on your ereader!
The Pit of No Return (FM6) is OUT!!!
Main Focus: Gush (Fantasy Action/Aventure YA) Novel, First Draft = 16k out of 100k estimate (16%)
Side Focus #1: Assault on Dread Fortress Paine (Post FM6 Novella) = 6k out of 30k estimate (20%)
Side Focus #2: Mancy Family Dinner (Post FM6 Novella) = 7k out of 30k estimate (23%)
Back Burner #1: FM7 School Story = 0k out of 80k estimate (0%)
Back Burner #2: Super Secret Awesome Project
Other Stuff I Need to Get To: FM3-FM6 concordance updates