1. It's not hot tonight! I wrote a respectable 2k words, woohoo!
2. Have also been editing. Went ahead and put a week into the five and half chapters of the school story I already have, meaning I won't have to spend time on rewrites or worry about it later, it's already done!
3. Goal for this month is to finish the remaining school story. A tiny bit over two chapters left, although the last chapter will probably be much shorter than the others that have come before it.
4. Still aiming for the end of the year. All going to depend on how the next couple months goes. Might do a preemptive edit on the mainline chapters I already have before I start into the last 5. We'll see. Will mean that when I do go into Edit Hell, it will be easier on me. Early December is looking like the likeliest spot, but could still sneak into Nov. Again, only estimations. Really don't want a January release, but if things happen, things happen.
5. Having done that edit on the school story, it means you foul mouths might get a sample chapter in the next couple months, WAY before you usually do.
6. Did the cover already, same graffiti on brick wall theme as the others. Colors for this time around are purple and teal. Fuck the haters.
7. Also wrote the blurb. It's an "oh, shit be going down!" blurb.
8. Did a tad of prep work on the next series I'm planning to write after Gush is released and the school story is finished with FM7 (meaning the books should be smaller). Yes, yes, no more standalones and no time for the Prisoners Cycle idea ATM, so to the vault! I'll tell you more about my future plans sometime next year (hopefully after the first draft of Gush is done and I'm working on FM7). Trust me, it's very exciting to finally start work on this story again (took my first crack at it when I was 17). It is VERY important to me and I can't wait until you get to read it...oh, 2 or 3 years from now ;-)
9. This is the second worst phase of writing a book. Just before the final push. Ton in the bag but it don't mean a thing without those last few chapters. Sales have dried up almost completely. Bank account getting smaller and smaller. So much PRESSURE but too much left to cut it all out of you and be done with it. I can't even read or watch fiction or drama at the moment. It just makes me stress out. Pretty much living on YouTube, Comedy Specials, and working my way through a giant novel about Napoleon. Haven't watched the latest seasons of Orphan Black, Silicon Valley, or Outlander yet, what a horrible consumer am I!?!?
10. Please be good, Star Trek. Really need something to pump me up right about now.
The Glassbreaker Goes Home (FM6.75) = IN EDITING (Edit 3.0 = 4/10 chapters)
Main Focus: FM7 School Story = 8k out of 100k estimate (8%) + 40 hwp
Side Focus: FM7 Main Story = 0k out of 150k estimate (0%)
Back Burner #1: Vicky Welf and the Mancy Masquerade (FM6.99???) 17k out of 60k estimate (28%)
Back Burner #2: Super Secret Awesome Project (in outline phase)
Ugly Step Child: Gush (Fantasy Action/Adventure) Novel, First Draft = 21k out of 100k estimate (21%)
Other Stuff I Need to Get To: FM3-FM6 concordance updates