1. 200k! The Pit of No Return is now officially the longest FM book ever AND the longest book I've ever written. My hopes are that it will keep these titles for a long while, although FM7 could get close and I imagine FM12 when we get to it one day will be very hefty. Digitally speaking...
2. Completed my pre-edit. Fixed a ton of little problems, no big problems I can see, no need for rewrties, all looking great. So pleased with this novel, really proud of it. Make you laugh, make you cry, pump you up, SO SO SO much information revealed. Now it's just all about sticking the landing.
3. Have started working on the last five chapters. Should be big chapters, about 10k each, so we're right on schedule with the estimate. About 3k into Session 176 as we speak. Tons going on in it, just like any chapter in this book. I think you guys are going to be shocked when you see just how packed this book is. I mean, it shocks ME sometimes and I wrote it. Not exactly meainginlessly "action" packed, but then I don't think this series focuses on that. When action does happen it happens for a reason, the stakes are high and the consequences are serious. Just moments and scenes and lots of great stuff you've been waiting for. Heck I've been waiting for some of this since I started the series.
4. I'm trying to write a lot, laptop is always open, the PS4 and my kindle are dusty, but this is the worst time of the year for it. It's hot, the air is horrible, half of California is ON FIRE. Seriously, most I've written in August or September ever is 16k words. So I'm fighting history here and trying to do better, but also trying to remind myself not to expect any miracles! Oh if only books finished themselves...
5. TV? What's TV?
6. Video games? Heard about them...all I do is write, edit, ruminate, and watch hearthstone on YouTube anymore...
7. Everyone seemed to like the chapter sample...that was good...
8. FAN QUESTION OF THE MONTH: What Foul Mouth mystery/moment are you most looking forward to seeing solved/play out?
The Glassbreaker Goes Home (FM6.75) = IN EDITING (Edit 3.0 = 4/10 chapters)
Main Focus: FM7 School Story = 8k out of 100k estimate (8%) + 40 hwp
Side Focus: FM7 Main Story = 0k out of 150k estimate (0%)
Back Burner #1: Vicky Welf and the Mancy Masquerade (FM6.99???) 17k out of 60k estimate (28%)
Back Burner #2: Super Secret Awesome Project (in outline phase)
Ugly Step Child: Gush (Fantasy Action/Adventure) Novel, First Draft = 21k out of 100k estimate (21%)
Other Stuff I Need to Get To: FM3-FM6 concordance updates