1. Still working hard on FM6. Split a chapter in two, halfway through the second part, so 4 and a half chapters left to write. Pretty beefy chapters, pretty OMG chapters that the whole book has been building to. I keep hoping that some amazing burst of writing will emerge out of me and I'll magically finish the book in a week, but so far no fairy dust or rainbow dreams to be had. Just me slowly banging my head against the wall scene by scene.
2. It's a weird situation where I'm writing at a very acceptable (even above acceptable) level but acceptable is going to land release right on Christmas (or near enough). I don't know, maybe I shouldn't be so scared of that. Maybe it will help sells if everyone has Amazon gift cards lying around and thousands upon thousands of people just got a new kindle.
3. Doesn't help that my personal life is a country western song at the moment. Guess I should look on the bright side: no girlfriend around, so she can't possibly break up with me!
4. Looks like the 100 degree weather is in the past at least. Heatwave this weekend when it's ALMOST OCTOBER is only expected to reach 97! Woohoo!
5. Just an FYI that the estimate for FM6 is probably off and we'll be going slightly over. So 100% might not be 100%. Don't worry, when I finish the first draft I will be on here strutting around and doing a little dance.
6. Yeah, yeah, I'm hanging on the dark humor to get by at the moment. Don't mind me. Lot to be excited about with this book. So many scenes and revelations I can't wait to hear your thoughts on. So many jokes I can't wait to hear you laughed at. Release is closer than ever. Just, in the final stretch and the book is consuming me. No energy to spare for blog posts! Especially no energy to spare for cheer-leading!
7. Back to the mad scientist lab!
Main Focus: Gush (Fantasy Action/Adventure) Novel, First Draft = 21k out of 100k estimate (21%)
Side Focus #1: Assault on Dread Fortress Paine (Post FM6 Novella?) = 38k out of 50k estimate (76%)
Side Focus #2: The Glassbreaker Goes Home (Post FM6 Novella) = 26k out of 40k estimate (65%)
Back Burner #1: FM7 School Story = 0k out of 80k estimate (0%)
Back Burner #2: Super Secret Awesome Project
Other Stuff I Need to Get To: FM3-FM6 concordance updates