Friday, August 25, 2017

Quick Notes August #2

1.  This week I wrote a 8k scene between Vicky and Moira Welf, because why not?  Lot that had to be said on any number of topics between those two.  Probably cut it down in editing, but we'll see.  Really loving THE GLASSBREAKER GOES HOME, its so very character indulgent.

2.  Cracked a tooth :(  Or, at least a filling...anyway, dentist next week, boo!

3.  I took my first try at Football Manager 2017 yesterday...I don't think I've been this intimated by a video game since Crusader Kings 2 years and years ago.  Which did not end well.  But was one of my favorite video game experiences ever.  I started with William the Conqueror, thought I was doing an okay-ish job, took over Wales and all that and then William died...which led to a four way succession war between three of his sons and his brother.  I was disposed by my brother, who was captured and killed by my uncle...making me King In Name Only...without any soldiers to call in my name as my youngest brother and uncle battled it out, all while the Duke of York rose up in rebellion...let's just say, it could've gone better.

4.  Hoping to finish the first draft of ASSAULT ON DREAD FORTRESS PAINE next month, we'll see.

5.  The Defenders turned out as okay TV.  All these Marvel Netflix shows just feel very cheap, which I guess they are.  Oh well, better than Iron Fist!

6.  Stuff still happening behind the scenes.  Covers coming in.  Slowly going through the Createspace process.  The preview copy of Fanged Lady should show up for me next week, then assuming I didn't fuck it up I'll be moving on to FM2 and FM3.  Still not sure on release dates for all the print-on-demand stuff, but they are very much happening now.

7.  Fuck Jade Druid....

8.  The kids are returning to school, yay!

9.  Football is back!

10.  Summer is almost over!  Still 107 on Monday, cuz Fresno...

3 comments:

  1. I read that wrong and thought you had named your Wales manager 'William the Conqueror' then got confused when he died :)

    FM is one of my favourite games, this however means that Steam keeps reminding me that I have spent 455 hours on FM 2010 alone. Don't start it until you have finished the books please!

    Glasgow has had one day above 75 this year, don't know if I could handle 107

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, haven't run into any succession wars in Football Manager yet, but I suppose anything is possible...

      Delete
  2. Agreed. Having spent far too many hours in Football Manager, I would advise you to uninstall it immediately!!

    ReplyDelete