Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pre Holidays Update

We're heading in to the bestest, most awesomest time of the year and I thought I would update you lot since my last bit a few weeks ago was a wee dramatic about how the series would be changing.

So far, so good with the change.  I've already caught up with my word total from before I made the cut and have 10 and 1/2 FM4 chapters finished, which means we're exactly at 50% in the first draft.  Once again I must say I'm insanely positive about this book, in a way I'm usually never positive about books when I'm halfway through with them (usually there's rending of garments and smashing of heads against desks and walls and whatever flat surface is at hand).  Finally being able to take all the vampire inner workings from concept and placing it into a story has been very enjoyable and now that I'm working on the New New School Story with some non-filler Ceinwyn Dale focused goodness...well...you'll see.

I am a horrible tease, yes I am.

If you pay any attention to the status bar area of the blog you'll noticed that both KH Short 4 and KH Short 5 have disappeared, that's because they're mostly finished and will be sent off the betas next week.  "Second Take" the long planned Heinrich von Welf POV novella will be published some time before Thanksgiving, while "Griefing" will come out in December.

Writing as Welf was a nice change of pace, especially since he's the hero and King Henry is the villain as far as Heinrich is concerned.  It's also a proper introduction for his sister Victoria, who was briefly mentioned in FM3 but not fleshed out.  As for "Griefing", I think removing the weight of being a 8 chapter story across from what's coming in FM4 really improved it and let it be a solid 4 chapterish sized novella.

I'm currently working on "Rockets" since writing King Henry has the very bad effect of making me talk like King Henry and I actually have to have a full blown extended family Thanksgiving this year and I don't want to teach my littlest cousins new words.  So we'll stick with human on steampunk robot violence instead for the next couple weeks.

Again checking the status bar you'll notice I've put up a new work called "Gush" and listed it as a Fantasy Young Adult novel.  It's VERY much a Fantasy novel with required "cool" magic system and it is a Coming of Age novel with a 17 year old girl as the main character but it will be a Richard Raley written YA novel, so...make of that what you will.  I won't get very serious on it until after "Rockets" and FM4 are both well into editing so don't get too freaked out, please.

Anything else?  I'm writing REALLY well...33k already this month, so yeah.  If I can keep this up you guys will have lots of books from me in your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment