1. As warned have done almost no new writing in the last week. Blame the new Witcher expansion, blame Overwatch, also blame the heat.
2. Am however feeling exhausted by all the gaming and am looking forward to getting back at FM6 next week. Too much fun can be tiring in its own way.
3. Read an interesting report that only 9900 authors on Amazon make over 10k a year. About half are Indie, of which I am one. Still have some work to do to break into the even higher brackets however.
4. Made more through Amazon Unlimited than I did through actual sales last month, how about that? Remember that 100k pages break even mark? Already passed it, 6 months in the year still to go.
5. Amazon's direct advertisement prices are out of control at the moment. People are biding so high on clicks that you can't even get impressions unless you mark your bid rate at 75 cents. At least as far as Spec fiction categories are concerned.
6. Did finish a chapter at the end of last week. Have 4 more School and 5 more Mainline chapters to go.
7. Nothing goes wrong and I should coast to finishing the first draft in the next four months pretty easily.
8. As for my family matter, should know a bit more how thr future will go in the coming weeks. Might be able to get more open about it then, but for now, please continental to be as understanding and awesome as you've been.
9. Going to try to go Mad Scientist Mode now. Even if I had my hair cut and the Einstein afro is no longer a thing...
10. Just wrote the first page of FM7. Last School Story ever from KH, how about that? Now's the time I generally start looking forward to outlining and formatting the next book and I just couldn't help myself. Seventh book is titled The Most Obvious Trap at the moment btw. Miranda will be the main sidekick for the novel. Sure that tidbit will excite some of you...
11. Back to FM6 I go...
Main Focus: Gush (Fantasy Action/Adventure) Novel, First Draft = 21k out of 100k estimate (21%)
Side Focus #1: Assault on Dread Fortress Paine (Post FM6 Novella) = 25k out of 40k estimate (62%)
Side Focus #2: The Glassbreaker Goes Home (Post FM6 Novella) = 26k out of 40k estimate (65%)
Back Burner #1: FM7 School Story = 0k out of 80k estimate (0%)
Back Burner #2: Super Secret Awesome Project
Other Stuff I Need to Get To: FM3-FM6 concordance updates