1. It's...sort of hot. Actually having a shockingly mild summer at the moment in Fresno, with only a couple days near 100 so far.
2. Last month I did get the time to start in on Gush, began making some progress and I REALLY like what I've got so far, but sadly my momentum got killed by a sudden case of food poisoning that destroyed me for about a five day period. Still, I'm hopeful to get back to it in the last half of this month.
3. Right now I'm jumping between four different POV lines. Gush, Novella 1, and Novella 2A/2B. So while no one work seems like it's moving along, I am starting to make progress bit by bit.
4. The first novella is very plot based and while it has two POVs they're in the same location more or less, T-Bone and Eva both taking part in the assault on Paine's hideout. Been struggling with this one a little bit, but I've fixed the problems that rose up and I'm happy with the altered direction I'm taking. Mostly it comes from me being an author that prefers either difficult conversations between diverse characters or build up to huge moments of conflict and with Assault on Dread Fortress Paine, it's a very typical action take, I guess you could say. Something you'd expect at least, with lots of faceless enemies that I usually resist. So basically I have to keep telling myself "Bad Raley!' every time I try to backstory for every rando.
5. The second novella however is almost totally character based. I mentioned that I was unsure about the POVs and kicked around a few of them, but settled on King Henry's 3rd person POV and Vicky Welf. Still going back and forth on the title but it takes place two weeks after FM6, where both of our characters visit home for the first time in a long while. If you like slice of life and world-building this is a novella for you. Still...might be a few important moments where something plot based happens...
6. Still waiting on my covers to come through in August/September before I release anything else. Probably be putting out the King Henry Book Pack with FM1-FM3 then, plus looking to do the print-on demand versions as well. Not sure when I'll finish the novellas yet.
7. Might have to go to Idaho for the Fourth of July. Had an aunt move up there a couple years ago and my grandparents are pretty determined to visit, only they really can't travel alone any more, so might have to help out.
8. E3 starts this weekend! Can Sony possibly top last year? One Winged Angel with live orchestra to start the show with a hypexplosion plz?
Main Focus: Gush (Fantasy Action/Adventure) Novel, First Draft = 21k out of 100k estimate (21%)
Side Focus #1: Assault on Dread Fortress Paine (Post FM6 Novella) = 25k out of 40k estimate (62%)
Side Focus #2: The Glassbreaker Goes Home (Post FM6 Novella) = 26k out of 40k estimate (65%)
Back Burner #1: FM7 School Story = 0k out of 80k estimate (0%)
Back Burner #2: Super Secret Awesome Project
Other Stuff I Need to Get To: FM3-FM6 concordance updates