1. Valentine Ward was originally named October Ward with her sister to be December Ward, but Seanan McQuire's Toby Daye series put an end to that.
2. The Boomworm nickname came about from a lucky typo.
3. Early in the process, Val was the Aeromancer and Miranda was the Pyromancer.
4. My first attempt at writing FM2's school story began with Valentine showing significant dislike for King Henry, before Val was replaced with Miranda for the whole of the novel, leaving Val's wider introduction for FM3.
5. In early outlines, Miranda had little time in the story, mostly as a mentioned character like Quinn Walden or Asa Kayode.
6. Miranda has the best anima senses in Class '09.
7. Val is regarded as the fastest Pooler by a large margin.
8. The author has a list of Boomworm Rules to keep him from going trope with the character, one of these is that Val can never be captured.
9. Another is that if that rule is broken, Val must rescue herself.
10. Val is a huge Terry Pratchett fan.
11. Val is left handed.
12. Miranda bakes when upset.
13. Why is Miranda named Miranda? The author liked the way Summer Glau said the name in Serenity.
14. The Miranda part in Griefing, especially her feud with Hope, was originally scheduled for Eva Reti.
15. Eva Reti has by far seen her role in the School stories reduced the most, while Miranda's has been enlarged the most.
16. As Ceinwyn's assistant, Val met Annie B before King Henry did. A short story of this was planned but never written or even outlined.
17. Both T-Bone and Miranda originally had glasses, thinking two "nerdy" characters with glasses was too much, T-Bone lost his. Eventually even Miranda got contacts.
18. Valentine has killed more people than King Henry...for the moment.
Want more Foul Mouth Facts? Let me know in the comments.
The Glassbreaker Goes Home (FM6.75) = IN EDITING (Edit 3.0 = 7/10 chapters)
Main Focus: FM7 School Story = 8k out of 100k estimate (8%) + 40 hwp
Side Focus: FM7 Main Story = 0k out of 150k estimate (0%)
Back Burner #1: Vicky Welf and the Mancy Masquerade (FM6.99???) 17k out of 60k estimate (28%)
Back Burner #2: Super Secret Awesome Project (in outline phase)
Ugly Step Child: Gush (Fantasy Action/Adventure) Novel, First Draft = 21k out of 100k estimate (21%)
Other Stuff I Need to Get To: FM3-FM6 concordance updates