1. Haven't been writing much, just woking with what I already have. Cut about 1k words from the first few chapters, have added about 3k back to later chapters from last month's massive surge.
2. This puts us halfway to being finished even if I very much don't feel like that at the moment! Have about 430 pages, so looking to be 800 page book, but we'll see how editing messes with it once that time is upon us.
3. Have a couple chapters still to read through, very much excited by how it's shaping up so far. I view writing a novel kind of like building a skyscraper. You push forward adding new floors but eventually mistakes and holes add up and that foundation just feels too shaky to add any more to it, need to go back and do some shoring up. Happens every five to six chapters and you just get paranoid, so better check it's not all about to crumble down around you!
4. I teared up a couple times reading through it. Who's a softie? This fucking guy!
5. Still waiting another 5 or so days before adding my books to Amazon Select, so if you have friends with Unlimited let them know the series will be available very soon.
6. As expected FM1 is no longer free. Haven't decided if I'll keep it at 3.99 or drop it lower, maybe even to 99 cents.
7. I final watched Silicon Valley on HBO. Holy fuckballs I haven't laughed like that for years.
8. Thanks to everyone who answered the fan survey here or by emailing me!
9. Reviews for Cap America 3 up and can't see for another month, so unfair! See, I know how it feels!
Main Focus: Gush (Fantasy Action/Adventure) Novel, First Draft = 21k out of 100k estimate (21%)
Side Focus #1: Assault on Dread Fortress Paine (Post FM6 Novella?) = 44k out of 50k estimate (88%)
Side Focus #2: The Glassbreaker Goes Home (Post FM6 Novella) = 26k out of 50k estimate (51%)
Back Burner #1: FM7 School Story = 0k out of 80k estimate (0%)
Back Burner #2: Super Secret Awesome Project
Other Stuff I Need to Get To: FM3-FM6 concordance updates