1. Just finished writing 5k words tonight, quite the outpouring! Huge writer's high at the moment!
2. Might be the best scene in the book yet and that's saying something! Very much the bloodiest scene I've written, unless you count blood gods...
3. Now have 13 of 17 chapters finished, so went ahead and added 20k words to the estimate. Other structural changes to the book include combining chapter 1 and 2 of the school story to give me some more space to not cram most of it at the back end.
4. I've gone back and forth on a chapter in the book a few times and have decided to cut it. It takes place near the end of the book. Without spoiling too much...something huge happens somewhere King Henry isnt, so I had planned to give Val her own chapter, told to a tape recorder after the fact as a report on events for the Learning Council. Was really looking forward to it, but I think it's just TOO MUCH for a book that is already insanely epic. So like King Henry...you'll just have miss out.
5. Would probably still make an awesome novella, we'll see.
6. Average FM6 chapter is 9k words, by far the largest in the series. FM2 wasnt even 5k.
7. Lots of whining about my last tease not being enough, so here's another one, will probably be your last for a couple months, so I'm making it especially mouthwatering.
Silence was the only epilogue.
Too early for a man to even scream for his momma.
On I walked.
Into the smoke, the cloud of dirt; into the blood seeped over tilled soil, through the bodies of the fallen and shaking, petrified survivors praying to a god they long ago abandoned. Forgiveness! Mercy! Meteyos! Great One! Killer of Fools! Call him off! I beg you, please! Spare us!
I heard a voice from halfway across the world give his only answer.
8. Teehee! Guess what? Guess what? That's the MIDDLE of the book.
9. *Sits back and watches the reaction.*
10. Halfway through the next chapter, less action packed than the last I wrote. These are always the types of chapters that end up giving you problems. You spend months if not years thinking and imagining the OMGWTF (technical term) moments, but never the valley between. Means trying to work through it and figure the most entertaining way can take awhile. Bad place for a block to form.
11. As such I wrote about 5 pages before redoing it all, writing the chapter from the middle out and with one character replacing another, as such that character will not appear on the Mainline side of the novel except for a few mentions. Suppose that's what she gets for having her own novella released a few months ago.
12. Gave up my Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes addiction two days ago, should mean more time for other things...especially since the new patch would've had me spending 2-3 hours a night on a stupid mobile game.
13. That said...Could also mean more time for the new Hearthstone expansion on the 26th! WOOHOO!
14. Or Overwatch next month...who loves him Blizzard games? This guy! I mean, I'd probably be married and have a normal job teaching English or something if it wasn't for that 4 years in WOW. And the 4 years in Ever quest before that...
15. Richard Raley and King Henry Price = blame the MMOs.
16. And George Lucas.
The Pit of No Return (FM6) is OUT!!!
Main Focus: Gush (Fantasy Action/Aventure YA) Novel, First Draft = 21k out of 100k estimate (21%)
Side Focus #1: Assault on Dread Fortress Paine (Post FM6 Novella) = 12k out of 30k estimate (40%)
Side Focus #2: Mancy Family Dinner (Post FM6 Novella) = 9k out of 30k estimate (30%)
Back Burner #1: FM7 School Story = 0k out of 80k estimate (0%)
Back Burner #2: Super Secret Awesome Project
Other Stuff I Need to Get To: FM3-FM6 concordance updates