Saturday, April 2, 2016

Quick Notes Number Whatever-the-$#@&

1.  Final tally for my writing output in March came to 42k words.  This makes it just barely my highest output of all time.  If I was able to keep the same output then FM6 would be finished quite quickly, however please don't expect it.  I'm already off to a lagging start in April with alergies as the main culprit.  With some family days and doctor stuff near the end of the month I'll probably be lucky to make my 20k average.

2.  Sales for FM5.5 plummeted to not even 200 for March.  Means all the super fans bought it and the casual fans said "nope".  Because as we know, absolutely nothing interesting could ever happen in an intermediate novel and trying anything new must be punished and met with extreme skeptcism.  Write the same novel over and over for the rest of your life and know your place, writer bitch!

3.  I'm right in the middle of FM6, which is just the worst place to be as an author.  The monster just feels invincible  and untamed and all over the fucking place.  Even having written 8 books, it still feels daunting to think I still have just as much to write as I already have, despite the fact I've thrown so much mental and emotional energy at it.  My heart really goes out to first time authors scaling this mountain, experienced though I am I feel very low at the moment and question every life decision I've ever made that led me to this point, heh.

4.  As I mentioned in the Survey thread, I've been thinking about going ALL IN on Amazon KDP Select and today I decided to push the button.  This is a multi week process, but basically means my books will first be taken down from sale on Smashwords, iTunes, and B&N.  Once that is done I will enter Select and my books will be available through Prime lending and Amazon Unlimited for borrow.  Other effects include my ability to advertise on Amazon and it means FM1 will no longer be free for purchase.

5.  Select isn't forever and I might go "wide" in the future again, but for now trying this seems like the best course of action.  My books will still be DMR free, so please feel free to convert to whatever digital file type you want as long as it is for your personal use.

6.  Considering ordering some professional covers for the series from goonwrite with part of my FM5.5 loot.  Would cost me abut 1k so still in the considering phase, well see if I pull the trigger in the next few months.

7.  Eyes...wont...stop...itching...

8.  Watched Force Awakens twice yesterday!


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, think I must fall into the super-geek-fan, as I loved 5.5 - just enough to keep us going until the next full novel...

    And I like the non-KH pov to keep things fresh - would be nice to maybe even see a full half-novel (?!) in a different pov...

    Give us more, writer-bitch, more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Super fan! :D I'll take FM in any length and format I can get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fan, but damn I hate waiting. Forget brains, this zombie wants moreeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete