1. Wrote a whole chapter today. Yup, I did that. 6k words, one day, all me. Do the words go together? Not sure yet...guess we'll see when I read through it in a few months...
2. Actually finished two chapters in the last two days, we're down to 6 left for the Mainline and 5 for the School Story. Getting close! Starting to look like a real book! Barreling towards the finish line!
3. I also cut a chapter. It was an in-between chapter bracketed by massive moments and I just really hated the way it cut off the momentum. Lots of good scenes and good jokes gone, but sometimes you have to make the hard call. Might try to add one of the cut scenes at another place in the book....or might mean I get to find space for my cut Boomworm chapter. This situation is why most authors aren't this honest with fans. LOTS can happen while a novel is written.
4. Current chapter count for the whole book is 26. 15 done. 140k words written. Makes it already longer than four of the books in the series, with only the ungodly monster that was FM5 defeating it.
5. Pre-holiday release still looking possible.
6. So I made the choice to leave Smashwords/Apple/B&N based on the fact I only made 500 dollars last year, which was actually a decline over the previous year and...no one is buying Nooks any more it looks like. With the Kindle Unlimited program you get paid about a cent every 2 pages read by the readers. That means I'd need 100,000 pages read the rest of the year to make the move "worth it". In the first 9 days I've already had 19,000 pages read. WORTH IT.
7. Reading Abercrombie's newest collection of shorts called "Sharp Ends". Having tons of fun savoring it. I know some of you are crazy, crazy people that read 600 page books in a day, but the older I get the more I enjoy taking my time. Plus the whole Chapter In a Day thing got in the way a little bit...
8. Civil War, Uncharted 4, Overwatch, X Men all releasing this month and I'm in Mad Scientist Mode writing 6k words in a day....Whoa is me!
9. FM6 Mini Tease: "Well," Ceinwyn eventually said, "now we have to kill the motherfucker."
10. I have a new Game of Thrones episode on my DVR!!! Why am I talking to you people?
11. Foul Mouth Facts Vote: will it be returning challenger (Pocket, Jesus and Raj) or will it be (The Welfs and the Old Mancy)?
Min Update: I've decide to rename FM6 to The Foul Mouth and the Pit of No Return. Mostly since I cut one of the court chapters and since I don't want non-fans to think it's some lawyer drama. Not the first time I've renamed a bookbefore release, FM2 was once The Hairy Stoners, granted I don't think any of you were reading my books at the time to know about the change!
The Pit of No Return (FM6) is OUT!!!
Main Focus: Gush (Fantasy Action/Aventure YA) Novel, First Draft = 16k out of 100k estimate (16%)
Side Focus #1: Assault on Dread Fortress Paine (Post FM6 Novella) = 6k out of 30k estimate (20%)
Side Focus #2: Mancy Family Dinner (Post FM6 Novella) = 7k out of 30k estimate (23%)
Back Burner #1: FM7 School Story = 0k out of 80k estimate (0%)
Back Burner #2: Super Secret Awesome Project
Other Stuff I Need to Get To: FM3-FM6 concordance updates