1. My second draft/rewrites are done! Now I just need to finish the last couple chapters. Then do another draft for the last half of the book. Then format it all. Then do my Kindle copy edit. Then give it to the beta readers. All while having major freak out sessions about how it all sucks and how everyone will hate it. Then there will be something weird going on with Amazon on release day. THEN AND ONLY THEN will it be released.
2. I joke but I'm actually really excited about this one. I do wish I had an extra three months with it, but only because it's my baby and I could probably take it from 100 percent to 101 if I spent that time editing.
3. Only part that really worries me is that this is an upbeat novel and there's just piece of my being that rebels at that idea and kind of wants to destroy the good moods...but I suppose that's what FM7 is for!
4. So those of you who thought FM5 was too dark, you should really enjoy this one!
5. Will also say I'm SHOCKED at how well the school story holds its own. I thought it would just get blown away, but it's actually really tense every time you cut back to it.
6. Pretty much had my life consumed by this one. Was editing for 16 hours straight yesterday.
7. Also it's insane what a different place the story is in by the time it ends. Went back to mess with some stuff in chapter 1 to get it ready as a sample for you fans and WOW. Like....this is the same book?
8. Sample should come out late this month.
9. Getting a flu shot today, so I'm using it as an excuse to take a few days off before finishing those last chapters.
10. If I had to bet I'd say Dec 19th is release day. But might manage 12th or drop to the 27th right after Christmas still.
Main Focus #1: Assault on Dread Fortress Paine (Post FM6 Mini Novel) = 60k out of 50k estimate (120%)
Side Focus #2: The Glassbreaker Goes Home (Post FM6 Novella/Mini Novel) = 26k out of 50k estimate (51%)
Back Burner #1: FM7 School Story = 0k out of 80k estimate (0%)
Back Burner #2: Super Secret Awesome Project
Ugly Step Child: Gush (Fantasy Action/Adventure) Novel, First Draft = 21k out of 100k estimate (21%)
Other Stuff I Need to Get To: FM3-FM6 concordance updates