Saturday, September 15, 2018

Usual September Malaise

Just a quick update to tell you I haven't got much done this month, as is usual for September.

Some family stuff, birthday blues, and some really horrible allergies have been the cause this year.  So...I'm a bit cranky about it all.

Sales for GBGH have been really good for a novella and reviews have been great, so no complaints there.  My advertising run is continuing to bring in new fans to the series as well, so business wise, I suppose I'm happy.  If my eyes would just stop twitching and watering long enough for me to sit in front of a computer screen for longer than half a hour, everything would be peachy!

Did manage to reformat and upload all my novels to my kindle and I'm planning to reread the whole series for the first time in 3 or 4 years.  I have a really good memory for small details, but even I need refreshers!  Might do a "ReRead With RR" if any of you are interested in following along with me, not sure yet.  Like, discussion on a few chapters at a time.  Knowing me I'll get sidetracked with writing and put it on hold as I play with the newest sparkly scene I need to imagine.

Also, as I've mentioned before, there's an illness in my family that's been very stressful and has taken up a lot my emotional energy over the last couple years.  I've known it was terminal for about a year now...which was why LAST September was extra shitty...but we're now talking months until they pass, maybe not even until the end of the year, so...things could get really rough very soon and I hope you all continue to be very understanding of the situation.  Well, at least I can blame those tears on the allergies...

Other than that, I'm just muddling along, thinking about how FM7 should go together, and doing my usual.

Need a haircut...got the full Einstein afro going at the moment...

Do like the first sentence for FM7 that I came up with.

No, I'm not going to tell you yet!

Okay, okay.  Fine.  But you're just torturing yourselves.

FM7 first sentence:  "Congratulations, you have Anima Madness."

4 comments:

  1. Condolences on the family illness issue. Not going with any platitudes or cliches... it is a crap situation. That covers it as well as anything.

    Considering I tend to do a new pass through all of the KH books (and short stories) whenever a new one comes out, I would be right there with you for a Readers Remark thread...

    Take care of yourself- get a heavy duty air purifier- get better in all ways that you can- and take your time to do whatever works best for you and your family.

    First line- well, at least it's not incurable Ginger Nemesis Nymphomania (or Satyriasis)... that... would be bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RR,

    I’m very sorry to hear about your family situation. It’s an absolute bummer, so, speaking from experience, make the most of whatever time is left as you’ll be able to draw some comfort from that later.
    We can all wait a little longer for the next one, so don’t be too hard on yourself.

    All the best to you and yours from England,
    John Austin

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the family illness. Don’t worry about us, do what is right for you. We can wait. I just wanted to say how much I love your books and your amazing writing. I promote them wherever I can. Take care.
    Leigh (also from England)

    ReplyDelete
  4. On behalf of your readers, please take you time, family first. We can wait till your next amazing novel is out, just focus on your family.

    ReplyDelete