Friday, January 17, 2020

Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed, Woe! Woe! Woe!

Guess I'll have to actually get some work done in April now...

Small Update:  my current pace of work would be called...distracted, I guess?  I am occasionally jotting out a handwritten page or two for "War to End All Wars" when I can find the time and also started a reread of the last 4 chapters of FM6, Dread Fortress and Glassbreaker Goes Home to re-familiarize my brain with what I was planning for the Vicky novel.  Once that's done I actually have to do some rewrites on the Vicky material I already have, since it was originally taking place the same night as Glassbreaker (as half of Glassbreaker's story if you'll recall), but will now be taking place several months later, in the January Winter party season for the Old Mancy families.

So, this year is off to a much better start than the last, but still not on 2016 crazy mad scientist writer pumped out a whole 1000 page book form.  Granted each of those were the extremes and I'll be extremely please with just a normal 200k words year from me this go around.

Surgery News:  have completed an endoscopy and psych evaluation in the last three weeks, plus had my second nutritional class.  Nothing life-threatening found so far and apparently I'm not a crazy person (luckily they didn't read my novels, right?), though I do have some allergy problems with my throat causing inflammation and such that we're going to have to work out (the whole lisinopril trying to kill me thing still causing trouble no doubt).  Still have two more appointments this month, 3 in February, and 2 in March at the moment.  Big two are an abdominal ultrasound and an exercise stress test which might eventually turn into an echo-cardiogram.  Given my BP spikes while stressed/anxious they want to make sure there's nothing crazy happening I guess.

Grandpa Fighting Cancer News:  still alive, still fighting to make his 90th birthday in March.  Is having surgery to replace some stints and poke around his bladder and prostate in February that has us all worried.  He's looking old now.  Not his age still, but...breathing heavy, needing a lot of naps, crouched over.  Can't tell if he's actually losing his hearing or just pretending to to fuck with people.  Really grumpy about there being no NASCAR the last few months, so hurry up Daytona please!

New Kitten Update:  Sherburt is a crazy orange ginger devil who loves kneading soft blankets, is already addicted to Temptation treats (they really need to investigate those things for crack), can't understand why my 16 year old kitty doesn't like him lying right on top of her, and can watch water go down the drain for hours (especially if dad does that magical thing where it turns into the puddle and then goes down all at once).

Other than that, I really need to start reading more in addition to writing more, since my TO BE READ list includes a Sanderson novel, 4 Malazan novels, an Abercrombie novel, a whole Fitz trilogy from Robin Hobb I hate myself for not having started yet, I see Ilona Andrews just released ANOTHER Innkeeper novella because of course she did, and about a dozen other authors and newbies I really should try.  How have I not read Anthony Ryan or Mark Lawrence yet, right?  Bad fantasy fan, bad!

5 comments:

  1. the 4 Malazan novels will set you back two months alone... the Fitz maybe another 45 days.. plus another 7 days emotional recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. In no especial order. Kittens are almost as much of a time sink as... video games. Not that "I" would know that or anything... nope... nope... nosiree. However, cats can be quite good- just add a little butter, salt, and garlic... Okay- strike that... the gray and white tyrant who rules my life is preparing to walk on the keyboard to "correct" my typing.

    And I need to look into these authors you mention, since I have read all the King Henry tapes... several times. (cough ---get on with it--- cough). And agreed on the Fitz books... I recommend having a supply of discretionary sunshine and possibly some "Hugs-in-a-Can" (tm) on hand for those....

    Now if I can just write more than 50 words at a time- in a month... THAT will be progress....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous that you still have Fitz to read.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing better than I--they refused to pass me on the damn psych eval for surgery 11 years ago. Total BS.

    We have inherited a cat from my son's college friend whose parents refused to watch him any longer. We found that odd, but we are slowly learning what an odd duck this William is--he stands in a sink of water and splashes it with a paw, absolutely giddy with happiness.

    Keep fighting, Grandpa!

    I'll be happy with a 200k book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your health situation gets better! I'm incredibly excited to read more of your Foul Mouth work! I've been recommending it to a bunch of friends.

    ReplyDelete