So, I haven't been able to type much at all and have been stuck editing with pen and paper and using my trusty Samsung Note App for any new pages. My RFA in my midback instead of lasting the usual 15 to 18 months for me, started wearing off about 9 months in, which means the last three months have been getting worse and worse, to the point where August was pretty much me lying in bed only able to sleep for 4 hours a day and wanting to rip out my own spine just so it would stop feeling like it had a knife stuck in it.
Basically, I had to wait for the one year mark for the insurance to okay another and that's what I'm dealing with now. First half done and that side feeling much better and other side later next week. Hoping that I'll be improving my output (I still worked when and how I could of course, always do) and looking forward to fall and winter, since the cold hours of the night have always been friendliest to me anyway!
Fresno has been kicking our ass with a late summer heatwave, but immediately the predictions have us returning to only miserably hot, instead of the nine layers of hell hot. Of course the Fresno Fair in October was cursed at the city's founding by the weeping widows of accidentally ran over Chinese railworkers to either get rained on by a monsoon or hit with said layers or hell, so I'm sure this sinkhole of a city has one last burst of hatred left in it before we reach the bliss that is November.
But hey, the 49ers beat the Rams, so all is well!
Rest up and stay chilly, boss. Was making progress on getting my Book 5 first draft finished... and then the Mrs. had to have "reverse shoulder replacement" surgery. (That phrase always makes me imagine that they stick the elbow into the shoulder socket.) And of course it was on her dominant hand. (Yeah, I can hear KH snickering about "dominant.") Which means that besides taking care of her, I also get to do all the things she usually does. But hey, just three more weeks until the sling comes off... so ... yay? Best wishes and hope you have a speedy recovery. Trey
ReplyDelete