Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Waiting Game Quick Notes

1.  FM6 is 99.99% finished.  My last edit is done, have 2 beta readers I'm still waiting on, but other than that, the book is the book it will be when released.

2.  Which means:  mini vacation!!!!!

3.  Woohoo!!!!!

4.  Seriously...today I got to read a page of a book that wasn't one of mine for the first time in 3 months!  Felt so good!

5.  Even made a list of all the games, shows, and books I need to catch up on, so excited for the upcoming R&R for RR!

6.  So how do I feel about FM6?  Hardest book I've ever written.  Perfect?  No.  None are, but...so many scenes and moments I'm proud of.  Can't wait to read all of your thoughts on it in a little under 2 weeks now!

7.  Not even in a place to think about the future yet, need to get rid of all the burnout first.  Lots of ideas, biggest problem with me after I finish a project is always that I have so many ideas and I only get to focus on a few at a time...argh!  Where's the cloning machine when you need it?

8.  Got no proof, but I'm pretty sure Brandon Sanderson IS a team of clones.

9.  Know Gush is on the plate, know I'll be slowly and occasionally writing FM7s school story, have 2 different novellas I could write from TBone's POV, actually thought up a Eva/Boomworm combo novel I could do if I wanted.  Print copies, as always...bunch of standalone novels I could write, and a few new series I could prep for starting after FM7 is out in a couple years.

10.  If only I had Ceinwyn Dale's foresight...

11.  But for now:  mini vacation!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. "Eva/Boomworm combo novel"? I would pay good money for that :)

    Thanks for your hard work. I am really looking forward to FM6 and just about to start the read through in preparation.

    ReplyDelete