Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Assault on Dread Fortress Paine is Done


Done.  Done.  Done.

Beta read in progress.

Ended up being 74k words long or about 200 pages.

So yeah, that's a fucking book!  How'd that happen?

Release window is March 23rd to March 26th.  Probably going to charge the same as Three Little Trips, which is $2.99.  As I've said before, there's no King Henry at all.  It's T-Bone and Eva's stories being told.  There are six?seven? new characters in the book.  Most of them belong to ESLED's Strike Alpha, including Captain Ramses Lamprey who is a spectromancer known as the Walking Flash-bang.  Some familiar faces will also very much pop up.  It probably has the most action-per-page of any book I've written.  At this point, if you read a Richard Raley novel then you know what you're getting:  lots of conversations between two to three people in a room somewhere!

Not this time.

For good and ill.  Lots of action.  The next one, not so much.  But this one, yes.  FM7?  We'll see ;P

Anything else?  Oh yeah.  I know I said you could skip FM5.5, but not a good idea this time around.  There's a LOT of setup for FM7 you won't want to miss.  And beyond FM7 even...

So...that's over.  Guess I'll take a couple days off and then dive into finishing the last half of The Glassbreaker Goes Home.  Or start FM7's school story.  The last one I'll ever have to write!  Yay!

Gush?  What's Gush?

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to Easter now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding!! Just got an Amazon voucher for my birthday and didn't know what to use it for. Problem sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R.R. you magnificent bastard! I am going to read your book! (Couldn't help but carry the movie discussion over from previous). Happy treydog dance commences- those with weak stomachs should look away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so stoked as soon as I saw the blog had updated! Looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete