Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Hot N Cold Notes

1.  Fresno can't decide what weather it wants to have.

2.  I now remember why I don't do this whole handwritten thing unless I'm extremely desperate.  Having to enter almost 90 pages into the laptop is MELTING MY MIND.  It would be one thing if I could just sit there and mindlessly transfer, but no, it's basically some weird mini-edit where I'm adding, deleting, and changing half of what I wrote on the page.

3.  Val is my MVP for FM6.75.  Girl really brings the humor this time around.

4.  Writing FM7 also of course, by hand...cuz I hate myself.  I will say that my handwriting has gotten shocking good.  Or at least...I can understand it.  So...progress?

5.  Halfway through the first chapter...so...basically just starting the marathon, but I already love a couple scenes I've worked on.  It's also got quite a lot of catch up, but I think it's okay.  Since I'm not actually spending two books on sixth year, I suppose some extra explanation is required, even if it's not that much more in detail that what you've already heard about it in the mainline, aka Eva stuff.

6.  It's very emotional writing this last school story.  Just thinking how when we started six books ago King Henry was this little 14 year old kid...

7.  E3 this weekend!  Love watching the conference streams.  I'm a hype guy, really am.  Why I like watching wrestling on occasion too.  Why I loved Infinity War.  OMG moments are just the best.  I remember being a 15yo teenager and reading Robert Jordan's Dumai's Wells chapter for the first time and oh shit, that was the good stuff.    Feels good to deliver on them too, so here's to more of them in the future! ;)

8.  Hey EA, can I have a Star Wars game that doesn't suck?  Been awhile...Force Unleashed 1 maybe?  Even that was iffy.  Republic Commando?  There was a fun game.  Or maybe Lego Star Wars I suppose...man that was forever ago.

9.  Also want God of War 5 now...plz plz plz...if you like video games even a little bit, just go and give it a whirl.  Really amazing storytelling and world-building.  Also, speaking of OMG moments...

10.  Babylon 5 is free on Amazon Prime at the moment (in the US).  My goal is to watch the entire series in the next couple months.  So far ahead of its time, this was a television space opera begging to be devoured over a streaming service.  Yes, the computer graphics are horribly ugly and dated, but its still so good!  Season 1 isn't nearly as up to par, but once you get to the Shadow War and all the Earth Rebellion stuff, it's just...yes!

If you haven't watched it and you're into the Expanse or Game of Thrones, give it a go, you should really like it.  If you're a fan of this author you might even notice that the Psi Corps call all the normal people mundanes, how 'bout that...

11.  Any World Cup predictions non-USA located fans?

12.  You're allowed to make comments on these ones too, not just the posts where I make a big announcement ;-P

4 comments:

  1. Who will win the World Cup? Betfair has Brazil as favourite, trading at about 5.4, followed by Germany.
    But Belgium might do it - very underrated with players from several top European league sides, currently at 12.4 on Betfair. I’m tempted to put a tenner on them.
    As for handwriting, have you thought about one of those handwriting / scanning OCR software packages?
    Looking forward to reading the next King Henry outing, so thanks for sharing progress.
    Kind regards,
    John A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree that Belgium looks good on paper, just not sure if they can do it. As an England fan, I don't have any high hopes as usual, but hopefully quarter finals. We are not all "diving European scum".
    I love all the King Henry books and can't wait until the next one.
    I'm still mourning the demise of Dark Matter.
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is England even in EU anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are still in the EU, waiting to leave. That won't change where we are situated in the world though. We will still be Europeans.
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete