Sunday, July 28, 2019

The Dolphin Scene

If you like my series at all, I highly recommend that you immediately clear enough of your schedule to check out "The Boys" on Amazon Prime.  It's a darker, subversive take on superheroes and their ultimate power:  corporate marketing potential.  It's also well acted, has great production value (The Homelander's cape highest among them) and switches seamlessly between truly screwed up situations and some wonderful dark humor.

Case in Point:  The Dolphin Scene.

I will not spoil, but I laughed harder than I've laughed in years.

Fifteen minutes of full on laughter, replaying the scene over and over, worried I might pass out if I don't get control of myself, tears, pillow over the face so I don't wake up the rest of the house...all of that.  I'm still giggling every time I think about it.  Just every part of it from beginning to end is...it's so good!

Well, I have two last episodes to check out, so see you later.

Check it out!

6 comments:

  1. Unfortunately a tragedy occured while we were watching the first episode. Cat had a major seizure out of nowhere and after a long discussion with the emergency vet we opted to euth over a long drawn out slide to death. I don't know when or if the girlfriend will ever be in the mood to complete the series but what I saw was awesome (and from what I read of the comic storylines on Wikipedia it's only going to get darker). Until then (& as always) just reading whatever I can to keep my mind busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the rec, will give it a watch. Hope your family situation and your health are improved and the writing is going well at last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You obviously are not taking are warning seriously .....although I will give you a pass as I as well took a break from villainy to watch the Boyz homelander is my new favorite "hero" loved when he lobotomized that corporate wench even though I dont think it was actually her any way get back to work or well do more then give you hobbit feet(last warning) - Sacremento coven

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is everything alright? I have not seen any kind of update for a while now. No pressure just curious and hope everything is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping you are alive and well, would hate for this series to end

    ReplyDelete