Saturday, June 15, 2019

Chill

Alive check:  finished.

I haven't posted because there's just been more frustration with medication reactions and I'm pretty tired of talking about it at this point.  Basically after i got off the med that i turned out to be allergic to the doc doubled the dosage of the other med i was on just as a stop gap, which has this weird side effect that can cause edema in your feet especially at a higher dosage and oh did i get it.  Still...just feet, no big deal right?

Yeah, so...my feet swelled so bad at one point that i couldnt bend them at the ankle.  HUGE.  Amazingly uncomfortable, even painful.  Pretty much was unable to wear shoes for the better part of four weeks, since even when the doc pulled me off this one the drug has this huge half life, so it takes forever to clear out.

But...FINALLY, I've had a whole month now without my medications trying to hospitalize me and I'm hopeful we've topped this mountain.  FINALLY.  Six months of ARGH!!!  Please be over!

Still have everything going on with my grandpa, who was supposed to be a goner last December, so who knows how much longer the tough bastard will keep fighting?  Last week he had to have a couple emergency surguries that scared us all, but he's on the mend again we hope.  Driving himself to his appointments already in fact.  But...we'll see...long as his kidneys hold up we're good, if they don't...

So...point is:  real life has smashed me some more, but I'm feeling better, normal even.  I just started rereading the series again a couple days ago, making notes for the FM7 school story.  Plan is to work on that and the Vicky book.  But...plans and me haven't been very good this year.  Feels good just to have the writing laptop open though...

My next update could be months, so chill.  Not promising anything because i dont need any extra pressure at the moment, but wish me good vibes, and here's hoping for the muse to sing.

Or curse.

Probably lots of cursing...


9 comments:

  1. Hot damn, oh gawd, and welcome back! Now I will commence chilling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely wish you good vibes. I won't say that things can only get better, because, curse of the commentator and all that. Keep well and curse away. Oh, and watch Good Omens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? Watched the first episode and kinda thought it sucked - I've loved TP since I first read Sourcery about 30yrs ago, but have hated all the TV adaptations. Just don't think the humour translates at all well.
    KH on the other hand, I would looooove to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Good Author - glad to hear you're alive, if kind of squishy round the edges!
    Rest assured when we hound you on here we aren't pressuring you, just checking you haven't gone and done a Robert Jordan on our collective arse...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear from you and stay strong. Life likes to kick us in the teeth, and then when we are on the ground, kick us in the balls but while things will never be the same they will get better. Good luck with your family and your health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No pressure, get better. (Hey,that rhymes). Looking forward to your next book whenever it comes. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We warned you ...have the next book done by August or it will get worse-Απατεώνας

    ReplyDelete