Monday, March 25, 2019

Dont Even Know Where To Start

Just having a miserable year so far.  In the last three months ive had to put down a dog, had a cat up and die on me, had a laptop brick itself (though since it took all my Football Manager and Paradox saves with it I suppose there is an argument that this might make my life MORE productive in the long run...), AND was almost hospitalized twice due to reactions with my new medications.

Ever heard of angioedema?  Well now I have!  Basically, my neck/throat area decided I needed to do a Boss Nass impression without bothering to ask my thoughts on the matter.   Not fun!  And scary!

But I'm alive.  Less miserable lately too, so we're on the incline!  So there.  Stop worrying your little heads off.  Looks like I might even have time to write this week.  Far, far too long since the last.  So frudttatsting and...tablet, why is your auto correction off?  Oh, yeah, got a nee tablet...it aint as good as the last one...obvipusly...

*SIGH*

Alive.  Still some rough waters ahead but at least i dont look like a frog at the moment.  Grandpa is still with us btw, just turned 89.  When you're a teenage you think that's old, but it looks even older from 35...imagine the more years you pile on the older and older it sounds.

Still never enough, but we take what we get and steal the rest...

Alive.  Writing.  Working on the Vicky Welf short novel sound good?  Too bad, you have no choice in the matter.  I mean i could even work on Gush.  I wont...but i could!  So there!

Oh tablet, why hath thou forsaken me?

Have a fun spring, everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Hey - sorry to hear things have been shite, but glad to hear you're pulling through. Just hope the air-con's gonna hold out for you coming into the summer months...
    Looking forward to more Vickiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear everything that's happened lately. Hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about a rough roll of the dice Richard! I can relate. Been a weird start to the year but got things behind me and moving forward and hope you get the chance to as well!

    Best wishes and looking very forward to whatever piece of work you have up your sleeve for us next

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heartfelt sympathies. Many years past, we had made the decision that it was... time... for one of our dogs. The vet came out to take care of her and while she was there we asked her to check our giant black cat. To cut to the chase, he had somehow chipped a vertebra and lost all kidney and colon function. So we lost him that same day. This many years later, it still hits me hard. Our animals have shorter lives because life is all about becoming a better being- and they have a tremendous head start on us humans...

    Write as you are able; but give all the time you can to your family and yourself.

    Your words are always worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well.
    Frick.
    Chin up, bud (now that you can see yours again). Can relate on the weird medical issues--wish I couldn't. Condolences on your fur friends. :( And I echo the above on hoping the AC cooperates soon when the gates of hell blast open in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man... sorry about everything you've been going through. If you're anything like me, losing pets is pure hell. More grief than people. But I'm glad you're still alive. I'm eagerly anticipating more of your work, for whatever it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi boss. Just a drive-by to let you know I am still thinking of you. Hope life is improving- even if only incrementally. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the boss is dead... No blog updates for over 2 months

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive been thinking the same thing for a while. 😞

      Delete
  9. Bugger that. Grit your teeth. New book, more Henry Rex. You can Welf as much as you like while you do bullfrog impersonations, but you know what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's done this before but I just want to know that he's ok. I'd like for the next book to be done but author health is more important.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping you are hunkered down and prepped for the summer season as best you can be. Wishing you well every day.

    ReplyDelete