Thursday, April 15, 2021

April 2021 Quick Notes

 1.  It finally happened!!!  I got two cherry twin sugar free popsicles in a pack!!!

2.  Am writing, progress is being made--if not insane levels--but even satisfactory levels are a wonderful improvement!

3.  Some of the scenes in WTEAW are just choice.  Maybe my favorite Welf/KH back and forth ever.

4.  Past me is an asshole.  Or maybe better to say it is a sign of how much pain I was in through 2019-20 that there is basically no outline work done beyond the chapter I'm now finishing.  Just like "Chapter X: Winter War round one and post match hijinks."  Thanks dude, real helpful.

5.  So I had to do a bunch of outlining to figure things out.  Plus research on a few things, like the Winter War set up I came up with in FM3.  Also what I've said about Welf and Constructs before.  Probably going to have to make a minor continuity edit in FM5 so everything works, but nothing major.  Oh happy days that this is the last of the timeline craziness!

6.  With that done I'm now working on new material finally, and this will be quite the send off for the school timeline it looks like!

7.  Funny to be introducing characters here that I've already written whole scenes with in the Vicky novel.

8.  Living next to a field with cats is a pain, the sticker season is upon Burt!


8 comments:

  1. Progress is good. Um yeah- so... constructs. I was at Mancy Martial Artist and when KH enters what turns out to be the Welf luxury box and he says (or thinks) "One had no comment on anything at all, I've never heard one talk, I'm not even sure they leave the tongue in or rip it out as useless."

    Except- he DOES know they can talk- because Root's go-between Construct negotiated with Hector in Headless Hunny. Per Tatter- " 'Nah, one of their puppets did all the dealing.' A Construct that talks?"

    I was really debating sitting on that note, but when you wrote the Writer Brain post about how Soto Crazy may be crazy, but she can't be Anima Mad... I am a bad friend.

    Regardless of me being a Grade A, prime A-hole, it is a joy to hear that the writing is going once more, even if it necessitates the outlining. I wonder if my process/progress would be better if I used that occult practice?

    A burred Burt? Does he also speak in a Scottish (fold) accent when he comes back in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd LOVE to have a research assistant at this point, but ya know...I don't even pay myself enough, so...not happening. Even with my memory for stupid details things keep slipping and I have to keep looking stuff up in old novels just to be sure. Definitely need to do a full mainline reread after I finish WtEaW and the Vicky book. Even if reading the older stuff makes me cringe horribly.

      At least all the timeline shenanigans will be over soon!

      As for outlining...I'm neither super detailed with it nor fly by the seat of my pants. I like a plan but I like allowing for inspiration. The closer I get to a chapter and the further along I get with a book the more and more concrete outlines become generally.

      Delete
  2. I am now curious about Burt. Is Burt a good kitty, or the best kitty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you that you are well and writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there an audiobook in the future? I can’t believe Podium or Tantor wouldn’t snap this up in a heartbeat! I wanna hear the cursing in my ear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. No time, have too much writing to catch up on now.

      Delete
  5. Aww, poor burred Burt! But having had and shaved cats who refused to take the less stickered path, I get it.

    ReplyDelete