Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Pretty Useless Again

Can't type a lot.  Just...FYI.  Back is fucked again and stuck in bed.

Second draft of Everchanging Dilemma is also stuck at 2/3rds finished.  Have to be able to sit to work on that last third, so no bueno.  What I have done is print out the 2/3rds I have and I'm doing the third draft on that with my trusty red pen Cart Before the Horse Style.  Once I finish that, if I still can't sit for long, I suppose I'll change things up further and hand write the last School Story again just to keep busy on the idea that eventually all of this WILL get out to you guys.

So...everything is awful.

But I'm doing what I can!

Sorry I'm getting slapped around again, trust me, I'm 10x more frustrated by it than you are.

Now I need to go lie down.

12/12 Update:  162/223, typing lying in bed with a portable keyboard and a tilted tablet leaning against a pillow so I don't have to bend my neck.  Behold my dedication!!!

12/14 Update:  196/229, closer, but this last bit needs a lot of work...

2 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty shitty. You've not had much luck healthwise the last few years, to put it mildly.

    Have you tried a speech-to-type / speech recognition software? Dragon Pro is good, but very pricey. Almost 400 quid in real money, but saves a hell of a lot of hassle if you can't type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the health issues. I know how hard it is to work through the pain and exhaustion from an illness, let alone the mental hit to your focus on a story instead of yourself. Hope you feel better soon and good luck!

    ReplyDelete