Thursday, December 16, 2021

Stay On Target

212/234.

And the back has had it again, need a few more days off.

Good thing season 2 of the Witcher is coming out to keep me entertained right?  And all the other TV I need to watch like Wheel of Rand's Nightmare Jumper-Sweater-Thing-That-Eats-Souls Episodes 2 through 8.  And Squid Game.  And Arcane.  And the Great.  And Succession.  And...pfft...

For as difficult as this has physically been I really have spent all of my brain juice on this edit, without doing much else besides the occasional foot-soccer-ball game or Hearthstone video...haven't even been playing Football Manager, which is like...a miracle...

You guys didn't like do some group séance dark ritual shit to cure me of my Football Manager addiction and then accidentally give me a herniated disc did you?  Cuz...dude...not cool...

Anyway, very close to done with this Longest Round and moving on to the 3rd draft, which is already 1/3 done because of the Do What You Can When You Can mindset we're working with this go around.

Though I DO think I'm going to rewrite the last scene so its different characters instead of what I have now...which could take a few extra days and might add...who knows how many pages...but I think the new plan is a lot better and will be much more fulfilling for you readers.

I'm still trying to figure out how what was supposed to be a prologue to FM7 (oh, spoiler alert, post school story wrapping up, the books are going to have prologues and epilogues from the wider world, typically of a more antagonistic nature) has turned into a 240ish page novel...a really fucking awesome 240ish page novel, but still...

My name is Richard Raley and I might have a world-building, secondary-character motivation problem...

2 comments:

  1. "You guys didn't like do some group séance dark ritual shit to cure me of my Football Manager addiction and then accidentally give me a herniated disc did you? Cuz...dude...not cool..."

    Um... not like.... confessing to anything, you understand, but... ah.... I think some of the words might have been blurred with candle-wax and um... you know how HARD it is to chant Latin in a dark, smoky room? Especially if your native language is Appalachian-Americanese? "Amass Ammo? Amatol?"

    Rest as you need to, write when you can. As much as the instant gratification of new Richard Raley words might be, it is out-weighed by the more significant chance to have even MORE words in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's taking everything I can not to pull the trigger on a massive reread of the entire series! I can only let myself do that when I know I've got a sweet new addition waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete