Thursday, January 12, 2023

Small Roadbump

 Got COVID for Christmas, so everything had to be rescheduled.  2022 had to get one last ball kick in!

Anyway, better now, seeing pain management in a little over a week, looks like a very nice place, and I think spine shots will come a couple or so weeks after that first meeting.  Pain hasn't been as overwhelming as it was, so that's nice too.  Still there, but not...stuck in bed type of deal.  Bought a split mechanical keyboard to help with my shoulder placement and ability to write propped up in bed or even lying down.  Haven't pulled the trigger on Dragon yet, cuz...that's stupidly expensive.  But if I have no choice I WILL pull the trigger...

Anyway #2...love all of you still sticking with me, thanks for all the kind comments and emails, good luck in your own endeavors at dodging the plague and hopefully you all enjoyed the blue cat people, since humanity has decided that's a thing again!

4 comments:

  1. Boos and yays! Boo for the plague. But yay for (most of) the rest! Glad the pain is less and that you appear to have found a place that will actually offer help.

    Like you, I just don't know about Dragon. It "seems" like a possible solution, but I still remember a story about some sort of voice recognition software (years ago) and listening to a Louisiana Cajun trying to get it to dial a phone number.... Then there is the whole--- "Man, that's a LOT of talking." issue... which, despite what anyone may think- is NOT the same as writing... different area of the brain and all.

    Regardless- it is wonderful that prospects for you are looking better. Now I need to get back to the Forbidden West- there's killer machines out there... And maybe a solution to the dying Earth... We shall see.

    Belated Happy New Year, Boss. And here's hoping it truly is happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the Dragon system back in the late 80s. (Pure learning disabled /dysgraphia) You had to train the system for months to get it OK.

    I suspect speaking does flavor your writing differently than pure writing. My writing was slower than my friends, and siblings, even with the system.

    I think they now have a new universal pre-trained system– which I must say, I find suspect, as most modern voice recognition systems, have problems (looking at you Alexa).

    But yes it’s expensive and there’s a reason I am just using the freebie Apple dictate to write to you right now but I have to triple check it before I say OK, and then it’s still often a mess.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Best wishes for your health to continue to improve and you get to a better place in 2023.
    Kind regards,
    John A

    ReplyDelete