Monday, January 23, 2023

Some Relief

Met the new pain management team and immediately got trigger point injections in my shoulder and back muscles today.  On the path for epidural spinal shots going forward, but this and a couple new meds should help hold me over for the next month.  Supposedly.  Here's hoping.

Actually in a lot of pain tonight since, ya know, we've come pretty far from bloodletting but poking the patient and asking them where it hurts is still the best diagnostic tool!

Still...first time I've met a group of medical professionals this last year that actually seemed to care and relate and have a handle on the situation, so big props and just a sliver of hope for a more productive future.

Also I might be getting a back brace thingy...

Who's gonna call it his Sexy Time Naughty Boy Writing Corset?

This fuckin' guy!

3 comments:

  1. Memories of being FOURTEEN and having braces on my teeth (upper and lower) AND a Milwaukee back brace. With the added bonus that, because the back brace included a chin-rest, I got to keep the teeth braces for an additional year or two. JUST the thing for a shy, socially-awkward teenager who was beginning to find girls... interesting. And also made it imperative to avoid going outside in thunderstorms....

    But that was all a long time ago, so I am now just a socially-awkward "senior citizen" (sorta).

    But MOST important, here is hoping the new team will be able to help you, boss. Obvs. I would love to see more writing, but most of all, I want you to be able to enjoy life. You have more than earned that small bit of grace from the pleasure you have brought to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope this team can help you. Best wishes for a pain-free 2023 (and beyond)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best! John A

    ReplyDelete