Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Pain Management Road Map

Couple Weeks:  First spinal injection on the left side top end my spinal curve.

Couple Weeks After That:  Second spinal injection on the right side of my spinal curve.

Eventually:  Third spinal injection on the bottom end of my spinal curve.

After that they want to see which injection helps with the pain the most (they believe it will be the top end) and they'll send me back to get Rhizotomy done on those nerve endings (basically burning them either chemically or with some other snazzy science/magic shit).

No word yet on the Sexy Time Naughty Boy Writing Corset, woe is me!

I do feel better.  Typing still hurts and I still can't lift anything, but...it's a little better and when the pain is as bad as it was...a little can be a lot.  Difference between feeling like I was thrown down a couple flights of stairs versus having played a game of rugby the day before.  With really beefy roided up Eastern European women...

.

.

.

Don't judge my fantasies!

Anyway...should feel even better by next month.  Maybe we can finally get back on track.  I mean it's been so long at this point I'll probably have to start with ANOTHER reread of the material I've written, but...very small problem compared to what I've been dealing with!  Hard to get optimistic after a year of delays and ball punting, but...maybe, maybe, maybe?!?

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you're finally getting better and have professionals dealing with the pain! I discovered and started following this blog when The Everchanging Dilemma came out and it's the first time there is clear hope and a roadmap. Good luck with your health and with potential writing. Your loyal fans will wait for as long as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I coached a schoolgirl rugby team once. Chicks are way harsher and more evil than blokes would ever be on a rugby field. And they're sneaky about it too. I guess what I'm saying is don't try to make your fantasies reality. Hope you get through the spine jabbing and come out better the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are finally making some progress!! Steps forward are steps forward no matter how small. As CherMi said, your loyal fans will wait for as long as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Progress! That is most excellent. Just the fact that the med folks have a plan is encouraging. Gives me hope that I will have something I am really looking forward to reading when I retire in (drum roll) 3 months. No- I don't think your recovery will be that fast- but knowing that there is hope will allow me to start with Fanged Lady and enjoy my way through all of KH (again). And maybe I will do some writing too. Or more likely, doze in my recliner.

    Thinking good thoughts for you, boss. If you write it, we will read.

    ReplyDelete