Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Burnination #2 on Friday

I still don't feel any pain in the spot where they did it the first time around (T6-T9) and since this area (C7-T2) is where everything is emanating out of, this could be a massive improvement.  The temporary branch block gave me two months writing at 10k words a month.  If the burnination manages at least that for the 1 to 2 years its suppose to last, then...eventually we'll have books getting finished again.  I'm hoping for a bigger improvement, obviously, since burned nerves should trump a temporary anesthetic.  Big month in turning the tide against all this pain for sure.  Since they start with the left side then in two to three weeks do the right side, it will be a month long ordeal, with about a week in bed after each procedure.

So wish me luck, send the good vibes, and all that!

Update:  Back home.  Very sore and lots of pain.  But it's in the right area of where my worst pain has been up until now.  Upper back then up into my neck, my shoulder, and down into my elbow and wrist.  So that's a good sign once things flip around.  Icing it down, drinking plenty of coffee, and got about twenty seasons of TV I finally need to get to.

4 comments:

  1. Right, so, Richard, Mr. Raley, whatever you like to be called, just focus on feeling better first okay? I like your books. Like a lot. I've reread them more than a few times, because I enjoy them so much. If I have to wait a bit longer, because you need to have your body not in constant pain. I'm certain other readers feel the same way, especially if they're willing to come all the way to a Blogspot site. This was a long post, but I feel it needed to be said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have read that before posting. I meant it's okay if I have to wait longer, because you need your body to not be trying to make existence miserable.

      Delete
  2. Thinking very good thoughts your way, in between navigating BG3 (I finally broke down and got it) and proofreading Book 2 ahead of upload. (I had it close to ready, but then through a combination of... well... stupidity and the effects of some weird illness, managed to bork the electronic file to the point that it needed to be redone.)
    As for you, boss... focus on not hurting (and perhaps some Football Manager and other stuff that just makes you happy.) Perhaps late fall and early winter will make Fresno weather kinder (at least until The Fog arrives).

    ReplyDelete