Sunday, August 2, 2020

Still Kicking

So far, so good.  Shockingly good.  I was the first person discharged in my little group to go through.  I have very little pain, which I'm able to handle with liquid acetaminophen and gas, lots of gas, but glory be to Mylanta and Gas-X.  Got five little incision points on my stomach that are draining correctly and they are plenty sore, but...again, just shocking good so far.

Compared to the EOE flare I went through earlier this year, this is nothing.  If during the EOE flare someone would have walked up to me with a baby seal and told me bashing its head in would make the pain go away, I'd have done it and told them to bring me another just in case.  This...hasn't even been 48 hours since surgery and I'm sitting at my bedside typing to you lot.

Main goals for the next week are to keep fluids in, not to push myself too hard, to sleep well, and to have heaps of burps and a gaggle of farts.

Diluted apple juice...yummy!

Oh, I get to take a shower in 12 hours, yay!

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear that all went well. Now try to rest and recover (despite the gaseous emissions). The KH sneak was great fun; just that small taste has compelled my to start at the beginning once more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you're recovering!

    Finally I can reread the series in light of the coming books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should not have laughed at the baby seals, but I guess I wouldn't be a fan of your style if I didn't! 🤣

    ReplyDelete