Sunday, August 16, 2020

Week Three: It's Gonna Be Hot

 Well, it IS hot, but no relief in the future either.  Given the most common problem with this surgery is dehydration I really picked the worst time to have it done.

HOT.

FUCKING HOT.

HELL ON EARTH HOT.

EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE AND THERE ARE RANDOM BURSTS OF LIGHTNING HOT.

So...how am I?  Okay, I guess.  No pain really.  Was some serious itching for a few days that gave me chickenpox flashbacks.  Still yo-yoing between all clogged up and there she blows!  TMI?  Very TMI.

9 hours sleep and being in bed by 6PM is pretty much an everyday thing at the moment.  Just not a lot of energy.  Not a lot of patience either.  Very, very irritable and...well, I can't deal.  I mentioned playing CONTROL in the last post and the second boss wrecked me twice and instead of buckling down and conquering I just clicked off the PS4.  Reloading for a few minutes and running back?  Too much work!

On the food front I've graduated up to pureed food.  Or at least attempting pureed food, since I only can add one new food a day.  But I get stuff like Hummus and refried beans and soft scrambled egg and lentil soup now.  A whole 1/3 of a cup of it each meal.

Am dropping the pounds and my esophagitis has been chill and my hernia is fixed, so no complaining but...it's rough on my taste-buddies.  I think I miss spices the most.  I don't get cayenne or curry back for months, that's just not fun!  My poor, lonely sriracha bottle! 

Anyway, day by day I improve.  Keep staying safe everyone, country is still a mess, so don't join in the orgy.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are progressing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're getting better. Kvetching is a sign of returning health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... and I thought my irritability and short attention span were a result of being old... Maybe I had Secret Alien Surgery(tm) dun-dun-DUN! I mean, gaming being reduced to a couple of rounds of Gems of War? That's... sad.

    Anyway, take care of yourself. Recover as recovery takes you. Started Mancy Martial Artist today- having burned through the previous books. What a joy it has been to revisit these old friends... some of them... not Welf... okay the Bright Welf, sure, but not any of others...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, will we ever see more of your books put to print other than Fanged Lady? I'm going to be picking that up after my next paycheck so that I don't have to worry about a digital copy being deleted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, never mind, Amazon just showed me the other main titles were available as paperback. The cost will make me have to wait a bit longer to buy them, but, hey, worth it.

      Delete