Thursday, September 17, 2020

Nothing Happening

 You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now.  Every time I've posted positive news this year for you lot, something has come up and kicked me right in the balls.  So here we go again.  Not some huge problem, but post endoscopy has been really rough and no new writing has gone down.  Pretty much knocked me back to a liquid diet for the last week, just started pureed food again today and it's dicey.  Lot of nausea after eating.  Really have to take it slow with drinking too.  Was in pain again, but that seems to have gone away at least.

So...we just wait on everything to heal and settle down again.  I mean, we're still waaaay ahead of where I thought I'd be at this point, but...just annoying.  I always think of that scene in Cat Killing Coyotes where King Henry talks about the second wall always being the worst one.  I got over surgery, I totally edited the Vicky novel and was moving into new territory FINALLY and...we're waiting...

If I don't update this blog for awhile take that as the good news!

7 comments:

  1. Look man, I'm going to be honest here, just deal with it. I don't mean just deal with the pain, but deal with the post everything going successful for once and then stuff going tits up again negativity. Accept it as an inevitability and keep on while you can. Bright side, Jim Butcher's Battle Ground comes out in a week and a half, you're alive, people like your writing (seriously, I'd put the King Henry Tapes in at least the top 5 series I've read and that's saying a lot with how much I read), and once the chaos here ends you'll be seeing someone actually buying physical copies of your books, because fuck yeah King Henry. If you get some writing, cool. If not, whatever. We still have all the other books to read and it's been fun going through them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to this! If his books were sold as hardcover/paperback too, I'd definitely buy it.

      Delete
    2. They are sold in print on demand soft cover (which is a bit pricey, especially for the bigger books), Amazon just makes it difficult to find them since all the kindle editions pop up first.

      Delete
  2. Heal, man. We can wait. In the meantime, I have to say I really appreciate how you don't retell everything that happened in the previous books for the first 40 pages of the new book like this other series I'm reading right now. I can hear KH in my head yelling at everyone to go f**king read the books and then come back when they aren't gonna waste his time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the endoscopy was so trying. I have a friend with acid reflux and he has a terrible time with it as well, to the point where the medication he takes for it have had ugly side effects on his everyday life. Hope your solution does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Mrs. Treydog (SMH). She bunged up her (non-bionic) knee and finally went and got a shot in it. And felt better. So she went a bit overboard- and now hurts worse.... Take the time it takes to heal, boss. I know that the writing isn't just what you do- it is who you are. That said, we can absolutely wait. Because your job right now is to HEAL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could be you are putting too much pressure on yourself. Heal up and write when you can, we will all still be here. All the best.

    ReplyDelete