Thursday, June 2, 2022

May Sucked, June Might Not

Kind of figured you lot are as tied of these depressing whiny updates as much as I am of typing them, so I haven't bothered.

Back went crazy again to start the month, spent 2 weeks horizontal in bed and not the fun kind of horizontal.  Also kept up the knife fighting with my insurance and just generally hating all of existence but bureaucracy more than anything else...

Then, about a week ago things FINALLY started turning around.  I don't know if reinjuring the back kickstarted another go of the healing process or what, but the pain shifted from purely muscle and spinal and fuck-you-you-can't-sit-up to being more nerve based, especially in my arm/leg/foot.  That's still very bad, obviously, and I'm still hobbling around, but...you can ignore your foot screaming and still kind of function, plus its been getting better day to day, so...getting back in the saddle writing wise seems like a possibility if nothing else goes wrong or I regress back to how the pain presented before.

Cross those fingers and toes!  If you can feel your toes...

Also, the insurance has FINALLY granted approval for the lumbar and thoracic MRIs I need and looks like those could be done this month, maybe soonish, so we'll FINALLY know what's actually wrong up in that curved mess I've got going on in my spine.

So as the title says:  May Sucked, June Might Not.

Author still alive.

Not promising anything because at this point tempting Fate seems like a bad idea, but...June Might Not Suck As Much.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been having such a hard time. I feel your pain. I really hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better. And hopefully whatever is wrong has a solution where it can be made to feel better, get better. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get better Richard. I really liked your last book and am looking forward to the next, but take care of yourself now.

    ReplyDelete