Thursday, May 25, 2023

Second/Right Side Procedure Tomorrow

 C7-C8, T1-2 is what they settled to work on.  Pain in the left side has been far less since last week, but I don't think it's ever going to be quite as complete as what the burnination provided in my mid back.  Still, it is an improvement and I've managed to edit 40 pages so far this week.  40 is a lot more than zero, obviously!

Still not sure how much actual full on typing I can do, probably be a couple weeks before I know for sure.  Going to be a lot of experimentation with positions and different keyboards and dictation and all of the above to figure out what works and what kind of pace I can keep at without exploding all my other problem areas.  Who knows if they might want to do another procedure lower down to help him my spasms and cramps or maybe put me on another medication, we'll see!

But, yeah, 40 pages isn't nothing.  280 to go and then we'll see about getting into new material again!

4 comments:

  1. That is outstanding news, boss! I mean 40 pages of edits is a lot of progress. And just getting something of a handle on pain management is good, as well. As a "hound of leisure', I have been flailing about looking for something that will automate the formatting process (since I do not use Microsquash). Not going to advertise for anyone, but I have come across a (relatively) inexpensive web-based software that not only handles formatting, but also functions as a word processing program. So maybe book 1 will see the light of day before year-end, only to disappear into the Anaconda River without a ripple....

    Hang in there and keep getting better, sir. If good thoughts can help, know that you have mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, been following you a while and it's nice to see you catch a break

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with it all. I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased to read of your progress. Some people swear by MSM for pain relief for skeletal issues as an alternative to prescription drugs.

    ReplyDelete