Friday, December 22, 2023

Not Gonna Tempt Fate With Good News Claims

But...7k written in the last week.  Including a trip to the dentist that's had me feeling sore as hell the last three days (chairs, car seats, and generally my spine being pressed against any material that isn't a bed are my biggest enemies still!).

For comparison, through the massive struggles of this year with pain, plus getting all the burninations and procedures done, I wrote a rather pathetic 25k in total.

HUGE improvement.

Right on the edge of the halfway point.  Then we're time skipping to just before the winter break and then the next chapter, the Winter War starts.

Loving every minute of writing again, even if I'm having to do it on a stupid phone.  Million times better than not writing at all!  Am looking forward to giving typing a try post the C7-T2 right side burnination in a few weeks however.  Actually, I'll probably need a month for it to work...so say start of February-ish?

Also, we have to see how my body/back handles the marathon of finishing this novel.  7k a week is solid, but I need about fifteen? more weeks of that to finish.  Plus Edit Hell...will NOT be able to put in the usual 20 hour days for a month straight I  pulled before, so that could take much longer.


3 comments:

  1. No, we will not use the "g-word". However, we WILL cheer (in a quiet, decorous manner). Beyond that, take the time you need at the pace that allows you to avoid crashing. And as for Edit Hell (when it gets here) same sentiment... a slow stroll on the boardwalk is far better than attempting a triathlon in shark-infested waters and the slopes of an active volcano. So have a wonderful Christmas and allow yourself to enjoy life, boss. Best wishes, Trey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what I'm hearing is things are slightly better for you. Right, so, let me put my position on you writing forward. Take time to get functional and comfortable. I, and I think a good deal of the fans you have, would rather you put your energy towards healing and recuperating than straining yourself while also trying to get more of a book done. Yes, we want more of King Henry being a BAMF, more reveals of what really happened at Atlas, and more of Miranda messing with King Henry since he has to live at the Asylum now, but that all comes second to you having a functioning system so you can write. Have a great holiday season, I hope you get what you want, and just continue to be a rad dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate you Mr. Raley, thank you for bleeding ink on those pages and for bringing us into your world.

    Unless this is all a mentimancy inspired dream.

    ReplyDelete