Thursday, November 11, 2021

2nd Draft Sputters Over the Starting Line

Still really rough here in crookedbackville but I did manage to position some pillows and lean just the right way so I could type a bit while in bed and we're making slight progress killing this beast.

Well...I mean...I edited/reworked 7 pages but now the whole thing is 2 pages longer so...

*looks at calculator*

Yeah, let's hope I'm able to start getting more done.

Especially since the OTHER math means I'll be adding 50 pages to this then very-much-novel at this rate...

11-12 Update:  21/183

11-15 Update:  Felt better today so managed a little bit.  31/184.  Getting my Covid booster tomorrow so...if it goes how it has before I suppose we'll be politically correct for once and say I will be mentally disabled for the better part of a week.  

5 comments:

  1. You ever consider dragon professional speak to text software. That way you don't have to be in pain while writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope.

      I'm a writer not a speaker. Those just aren't the same skills. If it WAS, I'd probably have had more girlfriends due to all my suave, smooth-talking quippiness.

      But alas!

      And even if I did try it and it worked (reviews are dubious on this point), it STILL doesn't help with editing at all...

      Delete
  2. Yeah- I keep mulling that kinda program, but... just do not trust it to handle my (not-terrible) East TN accent. I DO, however, find that reading my stuff out loud (after writing it) helps me find typos, double-words, and other places that go "clank."

    I do wonder about the efficacy of a standing desk, though...

    By the bye, just did the "Read out loud" thing to Mrs. Treydog- except what I read was "Meet the Bonnies." She loved it. Felt you should know that, for what it is worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small though it may be, I think more people mention "Meet the Bonnies" to me than anything else I've written.

      Delete
  3. The seeds of "Meet the Bonnies" can be seen in "The Betrothal," which I just finished again- because why not? It is a great read and I had been immersing myself in "dark" novels for too long. Mrs. loved the descriptions- including saying "Pad Thai and apple pie, really?"

    ReplyDelete