Monday, January 31, 2022

Is it Weird I Teared Up Over a Laptop?

My twelve year old Compaq Presario has officially fulfilled her last duty reformatting, organizing, and updating my writing files.  She'll stick around in the closet as long as I have a home, ready for emergency duty if required, but...she's earned the retirement ten times over.

She ran loud and hot, lost her disc drive just yesterday, had her wifi pulled years ago, still runs Windows 7, and never gamed a day in her life unless you count Solitaire.  She outlasted two other laptops, three desktops, an XBOX 360, and a PS4.

EVERCHANGING DILEMMA is the first novel I haven't written on her in some form of the process whatsoever.

A true changing of the guards is upon us.

A new fraught age of laptops with Football Manager and Wordle and...the terror before me!

We salute you, Old Betsy!

F

1 comment:

  1. I have a 1980s Apple IIe, with the amber monitor. It will also connect to a color TV set with an RF modulator and a length of coaxial cable. Better yet, it has a Ramworks card, bringing the onboard RAM up to a whopping 320Kb. For writing, it includes PSWrite software.

    I might consider letting it go to a good home....

    ReplyDelete